The perfect weekday meal
YOU’LL NEED: (Serves 4)
8 Basic Crêpes (thin pancakes – you’ll find them in frozen foods if you don’t whip them up yourself)
3 tablespoons butter
1 red onion or ½ bunch spring onions
½ Cup the beachhouse white wine
3 Tablespoons flour
1 Cup milk
1.5cups (325g) cooked peeled and deveined shrimp (can be substituted with Salmon)
1cup (250g) crabmeat or crab sticks
3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Melt butter over medium heat in saucepan.
Add onions and sweat 5 minutes or until tender.
2. Add flour; cook and stir 1 minute. Gradually stir in milk and then
wine. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently to form a white sauce.
Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 1 minute or until sauce thickens.
3. Remove from heat; stir in shrimp, crabmeat and parmesan.
4. Assemble crêpes by spooning about some seafood mixture and chopped
spring onions down center of each crêpe and then roll. Place seam side
down in well-greased baking dish.
5. Top with some sauce and cheese and finish by baking uncovered 15
to 20 minutes in a moderate oven or until heated through. Serve
A crunchy green salad and a large glass of well chilled white or rosé wine from the beachhouse.